The Canon Remote Control RC-V100 offers camcorder users greater freedom. Whether in a studio, on location, or simply somewhere previously out of reach, it provides wired remote control of almost any camcorder function.
- Powerful wired remote control of camcorder functions
- Intuitive layout to suit professional users
- Dedicated dials for adjustment of advanced imaging parameters
- Direct operational control of key camera functions such as focus, iris and gain¹
- Access camera operating menus to quickly adjust any setting
- Illuminated buttons enable easy low-light operation
- Configurable buttons for user-specific control
- Compatible with Canon Professional Video Cameras and Cinema EOS cameras
- Ideal for on-location and in-studio usage
- Faster communication, and up to 100m range, with the optional Canon cable RR-100
Take a more detailed look into Canon RC-V100
Powerful remote control
This powerful wired remote control for Canon’s professional camcorders brings basic and advanced image adjustment to your fingertips. Connect via the REMOTE A socket using the standard 5m 3.5mm-2.5mm jack cable, or with the REMOTE B socket (using the optional 8-pin RR-10 and RR-100 cables) for faster performance, simultaneous operation and increased range – up to 10m and 100m respectively.
The RC-V100 combines some of the benefits of an advanced remote control and a Camera Control Unit (CCU), typically found in a studio environment. Almost any adjustable function can be controlled - from focus, iris and zoom, to user-specific options such as Custom Picture presets and specific image adjustments like knee point and slope.
Record more, differently
Certain scenarios demand remote camera control: when the camera is mounted on a jib for elevated shots, for example, or in scenarios that require quick adjustment to compensate for changing conditions. Thanks to remote access and control, these recording obstacles can be overcome. In combination with the RC-V100, Canon professional camcorders become even more versatile tools to help realise your creative vision.
Intuitive layout for greater control
The controller’s intuitive layout makes control of key camera functions and image parameters easy, even if you're not an expert on the camera concerned. It has been carefully designed to be easy to understand and learn, with key features grouped together in three main sections. Common image parameters are controlled using dials, making remote image fine-tuning incredibly simple. Furthermore, user-assignable buttons are provided for added versatility.
Clear and simple operation, wherever, whenever
To aid operation in low-light situations, the buttons are illuminated, with the option of an audible ‘beep’ to confirm user selections.
Your camera firmware may need to be updated to enable compatibility with the RC-V100. If the RC-V100’s REMOTE B terminal is not already enabled, this can be done via a service update using the device’s USB port.
- ¹Lens control not possible with PL-mount Cinema EOS cameras or manual lenses
Find out more about the Canon RC-V100, its features and what it can do.
RC-V100 Ratings and Reviews
Canon Professional Network
Inspiration, education, product information and news updates to deliver the definitive coverage for Canon professional photographers and videographers, as well as advanced enthusiasts, around the world.